Changing "Seasons"


     Flipping through the pages of almost any woman's magazine you will find a section on beauty products. Some of the tips are really helpful but I have learned a few of my own tips while going through cancer treatments. I have always been familiar with the thought that we all have our "season" which is based on our skin tone and hair color. Some color palettes look great on some people and not so great on others. For example; if you are "Fall/Autumn" you look best in browns, oranges and warmer colors. 
 
     Before I started my treatments I had a lot of auburn highlights in my hair. My skin is about as ivory as it gets and I have blue eyes.  I wore a lot of purple, burgundy's  and turquoise colored items. They seemed most complimentary. My make up tended to be mauve, rose or pink. Now, fast forward after having gone through chemo and radiation and everything seemed to change. My face was puffy with dark circles under my eyes. I know this was due to the medication but even my skin tone seemed to change. I of course lost all my hair and when it came back it was darker every time. Currently it is more of a chestnut brown. I have lost puffy features and my face is back to almost what it was only with some added wrinkles. ha ha! I have found though, that I now look better in black and grey. I think I have morphed
into a "winter" person.  A lot of the colors I used to wear just don't look as complimentary to me. I have switched to more of a silver eye shadow and more of a plum lip stick.
 
       They prepare you for a lot before going through treatments but there are a lot of changes we are not prepared for. Weight was another one of these topics and I will touch on that at another time. As for now, I have said it before and I will say it again...Be patient with yourself, it is much like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. Still the same inside but different on the outside. Find out what works for you and know that change isn't necessarily a bad thing it is just a newer version of you. Embrace the life you have and have fun with it. Experiment , be brave and be well!
 
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts