Quitting isn't an option

It is that time of the year for Mother's day and the Relay for Life. I am glad I can be here to celebrate both. I am not so worried about my boys making a fuss over me for Mother's Day. I am honored to be their mom so everyday for me is Mother's Day. As far as the relay that is a different story. I have been attending them for about 15 years. Our local school has a big one that all the local high school kids participate in. I am always amazed how some of the teams pour their heart and soul into it. That just tells me cancer is touching more lives than I would like. It is a time to remember and celebrate and to make people aware.
     
I finally finished the book I had been working on all winter. All the editing and changes had me at times ready to call it quits. Every time I thought I was done, I would find another mistake. I finally got to the point I was just ready to throw in the towel. I started to think I was making myself crazy and who would even want to read it anyway? Then I realized what kind of example I would be setting to my boys. I didn't "quit" when I was going through my
cancer treatments.  How could I quit this close to the finish line of something I had worked so hard on? So I pulled up my proverbial big girl panties and finished the book.
    
I had several people ask to buy it before I even had a copy available. This was why I needed to finish it; it wasn't about me, it's about helping someone else. If we have the chance to help someone else along our journey in this life, why not do it?  I will paraphrase a favorite quote of mine "People may not remember what you said or did, but they will remember how you made them feel."   I hope I make people encouraged, cared for and hopeful.
     
To all the moms out there, you know it is the most rewarding/heart breaking job. Happy Mother's Day! To all my fellow fighters, one day at a time and know you are not alone.

Until next time, take time to enjoy the May flowers.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts