Celebrating mini milestones....


      I hope the holiday season finds everyone feeling well and looking forward. I have mentioned the importance of milestones in the past.  They don’t have to be big; just little stepping stones on the way to a new normal.
    Over thanksgiving weekend my boys were home so it was wonderful to have a busy house. When everyone left I stripped the beds, changed the sheets and did the laundry. Then it hit me…..I stripped the bed and didn’t have to take a break in between! Seems like such a silly little thing but I used to get so wiped out doing simple household tasks which lead to a lot of frustration on my part.  I keep reminding myself, its all a rebuilding process and takes time. I am doing my stretching exercises to strengthen my body. Sometimes I find it is our mind that needs the exercise as well.  
     I am hopeful that the new year will be full of mini milestones. I made it to another birthday! I am looking forward to time spent with family and friends. I have a new found appreciation for all the little accomplishments I do. Its ok to celebrate yourself and enjoy the moment when you feel good about something.  Today is cookie baking day and I already made 2 batches. I am starting to feel like the person I used to know. Outward appearances may be a little different, but I am still in here finding my way..
   Whatever holiday you celebrate, don’t forget to celebrate yourself every day that you get out of bed.

Merry Christmas- Sally

Comments

Popular Posts