Treatment opinions

     Happy summer everyone!  Its been so hot or rainy that I have spent more time indoors this summer. That has given me the opportunity to be on the computer more and I am not sure if that’s good or bad. I must say I am amazed at all the posts I see regarding cancer treatment. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I am curious if anyone else feels the way I do.
     I am so frustrated with all the posts that taking certain vitamins will cure you. Also the ones claiming chemo is just a money maker for doctors and hospitals. Its kind of insulting to me from my perspective. I wish I could have just popped a vitamin and been cured. I do believe in trying to eat right and stay in shape. I don’t dismiss a holistic approach to getting better but I also know how my doctors and nurses worked to keep me alive. 
   Yes, treatments are ridiculously expensive but so are funeral expenses. I would rather try the treatment than plan my funeral. I actually did both when I was first diagnosed. One less thing to leave my family dealing with. Fortunately I am still here and navigating through the ever changing life I now have. Its all good, every day I get out of bed is a fresh start. 
     I see on the news all the talk about the CART cell treatments and I am happy to know that I was part
of that research. Hopefully one day soon the funding will be there and the FDA will approve the trials and more families will be cancer free… As I have said a million times…it affects the whole family. You have to do what is best for you as far as treatments. I don’t begrudge the seekers of trying to find an instant cure and claiming they were stage 4 and now they are cancer free. I was beyond that stage so numbers mean nothing to me.
     You have to have hope and faith wherever you find it. Just please also have faith in the doctors and what they tell you. They would rather see you kick this and be healed than make money off of treatments. If your doctor doesn’t think that way then find one who does. 
Til next time, enjoy each day and be kind to yourself and those who care for you. You may very well be their beacon of hope.

Sincerely,
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts