Down The Rabbit Hole


For the most part, I try my very best to only be positive. I am grateful for each day and I do what I can to make other people happy. Every once in awhile I feel like Alice in Wonderland, when she fell down the rabbit hole. Like the Chesire Cat that can be invisible, we don’t always see what’s in front of us.
In my case, I did not see cataract surgery coming. I am told it’s a side affect from one of the medications I was on.  I also think the Mad Hatter is reviewing my medical records. I received a call from the disability office asking if I had 3 bone marrow transplants?!!!!  They have on record that my siblings matched and I had it done 3 times. I had 1 and my donor was from Germany. Since my doctor was trying to prevent a rejection, I was put on the medication that caused the cataracts. Apparently the Queen of Hearts does not want my head. She just wants to cut off my only source of income. 
I look at my calendar full of doctor appointments and I feel like the White Rabbit running around with his watch. Clearly this is some other dimension. All I am trying to do is maintain. I now question if the medication I am on will just ruin some other organ. Getting your body healthy is difficult enough. The mental stress is what keeps me in wonderland wondering how I got here….

Be well and watch out for rabbit holes.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts