The Facts

      Hopefully “spring” is really here. I love winter, but I’m ready for some porch time. As usual I tossed several ideas around for the blog this month. 2019 has been a little rough so far and I didn’t want to sound negative. I have decided though that negative or positive; reality runs its own course. I am just going to write some facts. That way if you are experiencing similar things, you will know its not just you.
    FACT 1:  My insurance company and hospital have 
decided to part ways. After 10 years I have to find new
doctors. It doesn’t matter that my cancer/leukemia
and bone marrow transplant will keep me needing 
specialized care. Heard of Cart 19? My doctor studied
under the doctors that came up with it. I was a case study
before the FDA approved it.
    FACT  2: I can’t work. I fatigue easily. Going up steps,
7 may as well be 700. I bruise just by taking laundry out
of the hamper. My legs look like they belong to a 90 year
old woman. And I have a suppressed immune system. 
Cataract surgery was also needed because the medication
I take has lots of side effects. I also have to use an inhaler
now.
    FACT 3: The folks that handle disability claims go back
and forth. For the most part they determined I can work
because I am in remission. I would truly love one of them
to spend one day with me.
    FACT 4: Its a lot of mental stress. Its tough enough
having a tumor removed, chemo, radiation, hair loss and
a bone marrow transplant. Its scary to know your blood
can be your enemy and 80% of your spine was covered in
cancer cells. I am doing better for now, but its tough
some days to get my head on right and not stress about
what I can’t control.
     Honestly, I try my best to not get overwhelmed. I am
grateful just to be alive. I hope if you are going through any
of this it helps to know there are probably a lot more of
us out here.
    When spring does get here I will be having my coffee
on my porch and watching the birds. No mental stress
in that picture!
     Be well, be strong and just keep going...

SALLY



Comments

Popular Posts