My New Job

    I was as usual trying to think of what to write about. I was
waiting for my inspiration. Well, I got it in bunches and all at
once it seems. 
     I have a close friend who went through treatments and now 
some cancer cells have shown up again. I have a relative 
that just found out he has cancer. And I know a young man
going for a clinical trial. 
     So often I wonder what I am going to do now that working
in my field of choice is no longer an option. I miss so many
aspects of it and the interaction with people. I am very
realistic and know I no longer have the stamina to work.
I get tired so easily and I have to be careful with my lack of
an immune system. Just recently I was told “Your job is to 
help people because you know what they are going through.” 
Perhaps that is why all these people are reaching out to me.
If I give them hope then I will gladly take the job.
    This morning I saw Alex Trebek being interviewed about
his cancer. He said no one prepares you for the overwhelming
sad days. That really made me stop and think. He is exactly
right. There are days when an unexplainable sadness comes
over you. I always tried to give myself a time frame for a melt
down and then move forward. Cancer is a scary thing and your
mind can go to dark places very quickly. 
     I think its so important to realize it doesn’t matter what
you hear, or what meds you will be on. You have to let the
Doctors worry about that. You have ONE job…..LIVE! Find a focus
whether it be kids, grandkids, your spouse or your friends. 
Move forward. Take help when you need it. Share with some
one what you are thinking. The monsters aren’t so big when
you shine a light on them. Let people help you shine the light
you need.
      Take care of yourself mentally, physically and spiritually.
Take a deep breath and let your light shine!
       Til next time…..Be well, be blessed…Sally

Comments

Popular Posts