Strength of Your Spirit to Survive-Intro

For those of you who don't know me I am Sarah's Aunt Sally. I journaled and wrote a book a few years ago. I had Acute type B cell lymphoma. After that I had a rare form of aggressive leukemia. My body was not responding to the treatments. I was fortunate to get enrolled in the Cart 19 clinical trials in its infancy. It saved my life but certainly was not an easy road. After that I had a bone marrow transplant.

Over the years I have talked to so many people going through cancer. I know positive thinking doesn't cure anything but it sure doesn't hurt. I had a husband and 2 sons that I was determined to be here for. One was going off to war so I said "You be safe and come home and I will be here."

I have been hearing from people that I should write about remission. I am not a fan of that word, I prefer cured, it sounds more positive. I was aware of the care I would need to take moving forward. The chemo/radiation and meds cure things however: they leave some side effects. 

I have neuropathy in my feet so my job of 19 years in retail went by the wayside. I have a suppressed immune system and had to have cataract surgery. It sounds terrible but it beats the alternative. I am blessed. 

So I am putting this out there if anyone wants to ask questions to someone who has been through it. 
Cancer can feel a little isolating at times. It's ok to have a melt down just don't stay there.

I look forward to hearing from you. Be well.
Sally

Comments

  1. This is the comment section where we hope readers will leave their thoughts, share stories, or questions for Sally. Looking forward to hearing from you! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be posting a new blog soon from Sally. Let us know if there is anything specific you want to hear about, talk about, questions for Sally. We would be happy for feedback and to hear from you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts