Pills & Bills


   Recently my husband's company changed our prescription plan . They told me
I would have to mail order my prescriptions and switch to generic brands. Needless 
to say neither I nor my Doctor were thrilled with the changes. You can't just switch an 
anti rejection drug that they are weaning you off of. Aside from that my pharmacist kept
close tabs on my drugs interacting. You don't get that specialized care with mail order at
least I don't think so. 
   
   A bonus surprise for me were  the costs. I usually pay $10 or $20 as my co pay for medications. When I went to pick up my last  order with the "new plan" and I was told my bill was $300! We have been extremely fortunate so far with all my medical bills. This really  made me stop and think about the people that can't afford their medications. Do you just not take the medication you need?

   I am on disability but this too will come to an end and I am afraid. I have no where near the stamina I used to . I know I can't work on a full time level, I simply don't have the energy. Going part time would basically cut my income in half. I am so curious and would love any feed back if any of you are experiencing a similar situation.

   I am grateful to be alive. There of course is no price tag on your health. I am no where near retirement age so I am at a crossroads it seems. I am pretty sure I am not alone in this quandary. If you get a minute I would love to hear from you.

Til next time' 
Be well, be happy its the best medication.
Sally

Comments

  1. Can anyone relate to Sally's concerns over working after cancer?
    We would love to hear from you! Tell us your concerns or share how you are dealing with this type of situation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts