Shaking The Snow Globe

Do you ever feel like you are living in a snow globe? You know the kind you
shake up and watch all the glitter or snow fall back to the base. Often times
I feel like I am just settling into my life and someone just comes along and
shakes the globe.  Every time it happens I have to deal with things not being
in the order they were.

I have been doing well and had a medication change. I was happy to be off the
old steroids. But the one I am on now causes blurry vision. Some days its more 
than a challenge. To add insult to injury I had to fill out tons of paperwork 
explaining to the SS disability office why I need to be on it. I had to fill out 
the form while looking through a magnifying glass. My eyes are fine and I go to 
the eye doctor so its not a matter of glasses. A few weeks ago I kept scrubbing my mirror
and getting frustrated because it was so streaky. My husband sweetly pointed out
the mirror was fine. It was me that was seeing it blurry.

Sometimes I feel like I have made great progress. I am looking forward to many 
things this year. I am trying to strengthen my muscles and rebuild my stamina.
Sometimes it feels like its taking forever but I know how far I have come. Next time 
things get shaken up I will look up and appreciate the fact that the globe wasn’t 
shattered.

Wishing you all a happy spring. Be well and keep in mind no matter how crazy it can get,
things eventually fall into place.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts