Giving Back

      Another week of insomnia. I am getting used to them along 
with my blurry vision which is a side affect of some of my meds.
I have found I come up with most of my blogs in the wee hours.
      The other day I drove through McDonalds which is rare for me.
As I went to pay I saw the change receptacle for the Ronald McDonald
House. I tossed some coins in, but as I drove off I remembered my
visit there this winter. My niece set up a visit with her Sparkle My
Head Scarves line. I started to remember the stories of some parents
who were staying there from out of state. I remembered my sister
in law bringing me some goodies when my son was in the hospital.
I remember all the little things that meant so much to me when I
was in the hospital. 
        I always like the quote (paraphrasing) “ Of those that much is 
given, much is expected.” I have been blessed many times but I was 
given a second chance at life twice. First when I was diagnosed with
a rare form of ALL and then again with a rare leukemia. 
       I decided to put together little treat bags for the parents at
the Ronald McDonald house in my area. It didn’t cost a lot and I 
credit myself with being a good shopper. HA! HA! I am donating the
bags on behalf of Sparkle My Head Scarves, my small way of paying
it forward. 
       I can only hope that the parents who are having to watch their child
go through cancer treatments will find some tiny little ray of sunshine in
the bags. Sometimes just something little can make you feel like you 
are not alone. I encourage you all to do a kindness too, there is enough 
disappointment and heartache in this world. Lets try to keep the 
goodness in the light.

Be well  be blessed.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts