Bounce

   Remember the rubber balls you got from the vending machines 
at the grocery store? They had colorful swirls or glitter and bounced 
really high!? I think they were 10 cents when I was a kid. Life before 
all the electronic gadgets.
   When I wrote my book “Learning to Bounce” I had no idea the amount
of “bouncing” I would be doing. I am starting to feel like that little gumball 
machine ball.
   I have recently been experiencing some blurry vision. I went to the eye Dr.
and was informed I have developed cataracts. It is a common side effect from
the steroid I had to take when I had lost so much weight due to the cancer
treatments. I know lots of little old ladies that have had the surgery. I am 
freaking out. The mere thought of another procedure of any kind is over-
whelming to me.
    So, while I am trying to calm down and decide when to do this, life bounces
on.; sometimes harder than others. We recently lost my brother in law
unexpectedly. He was in need of a kidney/liver transplant. That however is not
what caused his passing. He died from a torn aorta and we were blindsided.
I have watched both my sisters become widowed before they were 60. The 
very next day, my first grandchild was born! The circle of life…BOUNCE, BOUNCE
BOUNCE!!
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts