Disabled...or not?!

   I really should start writing things down in the wee hours of the morning. When I have insomnia I always seem to think of all sorts of things to write about. Then morning comes and I draw a complete blank. Apparently my brain is working the night shift.
   I am still getting appointments lined up for lung ,eye and blood work. I am also trying not to freak out because my disability benefits are due to be cut off. I may not have leukemia but I have all the side effects of the treatments, that alone is like a barrel of monkeys. I know plenty of people who have spouses that have passed while waiting for the decision to be made if they get benefits.
  I certainly have no problem with people on disability that were born with issues and could never work. I do however take issue with the fact that many of us worked our entire adult life and paid into a system that fails us
when we need it. Who makes these decisions and what is it based on? I know first hand they had incorrect information on my case which is why I now have to appeal. I know my Doctor didn’t give them the wrong information!
  The news is full of people being offended and crying out for change. Well, I am offended that people die while
waiting to get help. Trying to stay positive but I have moments. The pills and Co pays pile up quickly and its frustrating.
  Alas, I am alive, I am blessed.
Bless you all, bless our military and first responders, and our caregivers. Share a smile..its a free benefit you can
give someone.

Sally

Comments

Popular Posts