Writing for a reason.....

    Every month I sit down and try to think of something to write about. I try to keep it interesting, positive or thought provoking. This month I was either having writers block or I just began to think I had nothing to say. Hopefully, I have found what I was looking for. Sometimes those little voices in my head at 3 am get me back on track.
     In the past month I have had 4 families reach out to me with questions related to cancer. I often times feel like a magnet to other cancer patients. I am totally okay with that and more than willing to offer whatever help I can. I went through all this cancer/leukemia/bone marrow transplant for a reason. If that reason was to help someone else then I accept the challenge. The patients I have recently heard of are ages 3-50. This awful disease doesn’t discriminate. It will go after anyone without hesitation.
     The people I cross paths with are so random. Sometimes a mutual friend will ask me to reach out to someone. Recently I found out someone I play "words with friends" with is going through it. I never met her and I could comfortably type to her about the whole situation. You just need to know someone understands what
you are going through and feeling.
   Mainly I get asked about the clinical trial I went through. I am so happy they are making such progress in the cart 19 trials. When I went through it, the outcome was really questionable. It's bad enough to have this horrible disease but it doesn’t mean you have to have a horrible attitude. Be nice every day; you never
know when its your last with or without cancer.
   On that note I am happy to say I crossed a few more things off my bucket list. I got to see my youngest son get married to his sweetheart. My husband and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip I have only dreamed of. Also. Sabika Jewelry Company teamed up again this year with Sparkle My Head Scarves and did a fundraiser to donate scarves to the local hospital wig shop. It was a success!!
   Until next time, be well. I  just had cataract surgery and I am so thankful to be able to see the autumn changes. Change isn’t always bad, it’s a teaching tool.
    Sally

Comments

Popular Posts