Music to my ears

    Every month I wonder where my inspiration to write will
come from. Sometimes its presented to me like a neatly 
wrapped gift. That is definitely the case this month.
     I had been feeling like I was on a bumpy road and
its easy to become disheartened. My insurance company
is telling me I need to find new Doctors in their network. If I don’t, I will have to pay what seems like a small ransom every time I go. Topping that off my Doctor and I both know I cannot return to work for many reasons. Constant fatigue, lack of immune system etc. However; someone in an office somewhere decided I am able to be on my feet at least 6 hours a day. Therefore I have to fight to continue my benefits which I use to pay for all the medications I am on. I wish these people would come spend a morning with me and then tell me how energetic I am! Just because you look ok on the outside doesn’t mean you are on the inside. 
     So, I realize complaining is not anything anyone wants to hear about. By nature it goes against my usual outlook on life. Choose your battles in this life. Choose your attitude when you feel you can’t control much else.  
    The gift I received this month came in the form of music. The magic of music is that everyone can hear the same song and interpret it differently. I just found out that the “3 am” song by Rob Thomas was written about when he was a teen and his mom was going through cancer! 
   The song I am wanting to share with you is called “The Outsiders” by Nevada Color. You can find it on Spotify or listen to it on their FB page. A few of the lyrics really resonated with me.
        “I’m hearing the sound of a voice being found.”
“I’m in my bed where I lay my new head filled with
thoughts of choosing who I am and who I am loosing.”

These lyrics really grabbed at my heart because that is exactly how I feel. I can never go back to who I 
was before, so I am navigating who I am now. I hope you all choose to be helpful to others and in turn be kind to yourselves. Please take a listen to this song. They are local Pittsburgh artists and an awesome 
group of young men.
     May your Christmas/Hanukkah be blessed. 
Enjoy time with family and friends!
           Sally

Comments

Popular Posts