10 years later...

 I noticed so many people on Face book have posted  pictures from 2009 compared to how they look in 2019. I found that rather ironic since I was just thinking about these dates. I was originally diagnosed in 2009 and am amazed at all that has happened in the past 10 years! 
  Sometimes I look back and am horrified by all that I went
through. Most of it I blocked out and just chose not to dwell on it since there wasn’t much I could do about it. Other times I am so overwhelmed with all that I have been blessed enough to be here for. Marriages, births, graduations, anniversaries are just some of the wonderful things I got to see.
    The past 10 years have been quite a roller coaster to say
the least. I have met so many people going through similar
treatments that I went through. I like to think I offer some
ray of hope as they start their own journey. I still have a way
to go and I am thinking it will be never ending. That’s ok
as I look at every extra day I get with my family is a blessing.
     If I look at pictures from 2009 compared to today I 
see all the changes that are so apparent to me. My hair is
different, my face if puffy from the meds and I have scars
in my head, neck and chest. But I am still here so I look 
forward to the new year. I embrace all the changes good or
bad. Its just LIFE it happens no matter what we plan so 
you may as well not stress the small stuff. 
    Wishing you all a healthy, happy NEW YEAR!
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts