It’s been an interesting summer so far. I found out I had an unexplained blood clot so I had to add a medication. I was also told I developed hypertension. Geez, just when I think maybe I am moving forward I get a reality check. I am still here so I am not complaining. I found out I have neuropathy in my left foot. I knew I had it in my right foot so this news was another surprise. My arms are so bruised up from the meds that I am just telling people I am getting tattoo sleeves. haha!  I have a hearing this fall to appeal the disability claim. That in itself has cost me more sleep than I care to admit. It is what it is. I can only control so much.
   The other day I had my granddaughter here and she got to meet my youngest son’s new puppy. That gave me so much pleasure. Just watching both of them explore in my yard and "explore" every little thing. It really made me take
a minute to look at things differently. We are surrounded by so many things we otherwise overlook as adults. We don't often take the time to see through a different lens. The puppy thought my flower bed was quite an adventure. He looked like he was exploring in a jungle. My granddaughter was quite curious but cautious of this little furry creature running around. She quickly learned to say "puppy" and that made us all realize how quickly things change. 
   Despite all the physical issues I may have, I go to sleep grateful that I have been given these "bonus years" to see my family grow. Sure, there are days its still difficult to be upbeat and not get overwhelmed. However, I know how blessed I am and I will continue to find the joys in everyday little miracles. I have so much to be thankful for.
    I hope you all have a good summer and take some time to just breathe it in. 
Be well and enjoy til next time.

     Sally 

Comments

Popular Posts