A new meaning to "Giving"

   Happy New Year!

 I hope this year brings everyone health, happiness and some peace of mind.
Sometimes our peace of mind is the best medicine.  I was thinking about what 
subject might be relevant to our readers. We all know how the cost of medicine
cuts into our spending Christmas budget. That however; is just a reality and I know
for a fact, family would rather have us than "gifts."

So I decided to see if anyone has had to undergo a bone marrow transplant. After my bout
with cancer and leukemia I was told a transplant was my best option. It would greatly decrease my chances of a recurrence. This year I finally got to communicate with my donor without having to go through all the hospital channels. It is pretty amazing to know that a 27 year old girl from Germany was a perfect match! She said she was walking across her college campus and her fiancé talked her into donating to "Be the Match."  Sometimes I do believe that devine intervention truly does step in.
Apparently her fiancé had lost his mom to cancer several years ago. As we all know, cancer changes the entire family not just the person going through it.  My donor thinks she did "such a little thing." As for me and my family we think it was a life saving gift.  

If you  have a family member whom isn't a match for you, they may be for someone else. So it gives us all something to think about doesn't it? Maybe next Christmas someone else will be with their family because of the "gift" of a complete stranger. Maybe Santa truly does exsist!
Wishing you all a great 2017!

Sally Cool

Comments

Popular Posts