Stages

     I know that when most people get a diagnosis they are often told what “stage” it is in.
I never wanted to know what mine was, but I knew it was bad. (really bad). I didn’t need a number 
to tell me how precarious my situation was. I also didn’t want to give this stupid disease any more
power than it already had. I always tell people I will never spell cancer with a capital letter; it
doesn’t deserve it. If I could visualize it small I could do my best to take some power back.
     I don’t see how attaching a number to whatever type of cancer you have is helpful in
any way. All it does is scare the patient even more. I do understand that the doctors are
obligated to give you all the facts.  As for me I only want to hear the term stages in reference to
performing arts. Everyone has to take the journey the best way for them individually.
     I don’t think the power of positive thinking cures everything, but I do think its better
than being depressed all the time. We go through 1000 emotions along with what feels like 
1000 doctor appointments. If you can,  I would strongly encourage you to find what works
best for you. This just might be a “stage” in your life that you are going through. So when they
talk about stages it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a curtain call. Dance, sing, act however you 
want. You are the star of this crazy show.
     Be well, be good to yourselves,

    Sally

Comments

Popular Posts