You're Not In Kansas Anymore...

     Recently a friend of mine that is going through treatments was having a rough day.
She said ; “Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am. Did you feel strong?” She is trying to
stay positive, but that’s not always easy. I can easily relate to what she is going through.
People always told me I was so strong. I sure didn’t feel that way! I think once I got 
over the initial shock and sadness I got angry. I saw what this did to my family so I
think I was just determined.
     I can only compare it to watching a tornado heading right at you. You can either 
go in the storm cellar or step into the grey swirling vortex.  That vortex is all the doubt
and angst and overwhelming emotions. At least if you go in the storm cellar you have
a chance that it will pass over and you will emerge to the sun shining.  Try to choose the
storm cellar and store your positive thoughts and energy in there. Surround yourself 
with only those things.
     I still struggle at times with feeling weak and not like I used to be. I had to learn to 
readjust to being home and not being able to repaint a room in a matter of hours. I
can’t do big flower beds and the upkeep . I can’t walk 3 miles every other day. I know
I am still in the process of rebuilding but it takes TIME! I don’t feel like I am stronger
than anyone else. I know I am blessed with a great support system. That is a huge help
on the days I struggle. No one has a super hero cape, its ok to have your moments of
doubt. Remember though; there is a storm cellar right behind you….

Have a wonderful month and be well.
Enjoy your days one at  a time.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts