This Is Us



     Many of you may or may not watch the TV series "This is Us." I am a huge fan of
it because it touches on so many aspects of life. Even if you have never seen an
episode we can all relate to how quickly our lives can change. In the blink of an eye
everything we knew can twist and turn into an entirely different reality. That’s with 
anything in life not just a cancer diagnosis. Once we realize the hard reality of 
whatever the situation is we have to figure out the “now what?”
     We all have things going on in our lives that people are often unaware of. Some
people express it through tears, anger, weight, anxiety or depression. I try my best to 
keep it positive 99% of the time. I still get anxious when I know I have a check up.
I recently ran into a friend of mine at a restaurant. When I asked how she was doing 
she started to cry. She lost her husband recently and said she was embarrassed to 
be crying in a restaurant. You never know when those moments of grief catch up to 
you and wham there they are. No reason to be embarrassed it makes us human. I 
told her when my son was deployed I started sobbing in a Kohls dept store because
they played “I‘ll be home for Christmas."  It happens, and I would rather have some
one crying than be bitter and take it out on anyone in their path. I have seen that too.
It doesn’t change the situation sometimes all we can control is our attitude.
      In this ever changing world where the Eagles win their first Super Bowl with seconds
to spare; appreciate what you have. Even if it doesn’t seem very wonderful at the moment
remember all the little wonderful moments you did have. Take nothing for granted.
     Be good to yourself and be kind to others. We are all in this together one way or 
another. We all bleed the same and we all have to capacity to be nice. When you leave
this world ask yourself if you left it better than when you entered it. You are no doubt
someone's world…make sure you tell them that.

     Be well, be strong and listen to your heart.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts