A different perspective...

I have to admit that last month was a tough one.
I was stressed about things I have no control over.
I can control the new Doctors that I have to make appointments
with. But I can’t control the insurance company or the people 
who will be reviewing my disability claim. So I have had
to let that stress go because all it was doing was keeping
me up at night. 
    I just found out someone very close to me was diagnosed
with lung cancer. It quickly put into perspective once again
that I should not be focusing on what I cannot do. So 
instead what I CAN do is talk to this person and walk them
through the fear and anger that often come with this diagnosis.
Its ok to feel the barrage of emotions but you also have to 
make sure you never accept it as a death sentence. There
are amazing break throughs in the cancer research now.
    Easter is a sign of rebirth/new life. So as I reflect on my
grandchild turning 1, I am grateful to just be here, stress or
not. Sometimes we need to just take a step back and look
at things from a different perspective. I am so glad I am
here and hopefully able to help someone along their journey.
When you are having a rough day, week or month , take a 
deep breath. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time.
    Be kind because you never know what someone else is
going throug. We may look fine on the outside but inside there
may be an entirely different story. Hearts always seem to
respond to kindness and it costs nothing. 
    Have a wonderful month of health and happy thoughts.
Be well.
    Sally

Comments

Popular Posts