Spread joy...Not germs

Greetings from quarantine! I am right there with everyone else. It gets old pretty fast so I try to give myself little tasks to accomplish. Since I fatigue easily sometimes my task will just be phone calls and letter writing. Its nice to reach out and catch up with family and friends. 
   Lots of people are so afraid and fear can be more crippling than a disease. Having gone through chemo/radiation, a clinical trial, and a bone marrow transplant...I have had to sequester before. Like many of you with weakened immune systems you have to be very careful. I have the added bonus that my lungs were effected by graft vs host. However, we are still here so don't forget how to "live.” Don't let the media and fear take over your every thought.
     Hopefully by the time this is over we will all be a little more compassionate and appreciative of little things that really matter. Recently, I won a raffle and the prize was a beautiful Sabika necklace. I decided to pay it forward and have people nominate a nurse (no cost) and my friend Mary Beth that sells Sabika did a live drawing via FB. I was so happy to see we had 117 entries in 1 1/2 days! I felt it was important to let some nurses know how special they are and that their self sacrificing didn't go unnoticed.  I got so much positive feedback from such a little gesture. I decided to do it again and this time "tag a teacher.”  I purchased a set of earrings that were on sale and now we are raffling those off (no cost). Since I haven't been able to go out with friends in months the expense to me was the price of a cheap dinner! haha Mary Beth has worked with me for several fundraisers over the years. We then donate the proceeds to Sparkle My Head Scarves so Sarah can give scarves to several hospitals. That way cancer/alopecia patients can enjoy a gift. Those scarves meant the world to me when I was bald like an easter egg!
   I like to think these little things we can do for one another send out a ripple effect. Lets spread some joy as quickly as this virus is spreading germs! Lets be nicer to one another and in a time of fear and angst bring a little ray of sunshine to someone. You will be amazed at how good it makes you feel! That is a gift you give yourself.
    Its been 10 years since Sarah started this company and I am so proud of her and all that she has given of herself to help others. It is so very true that years from now people might not remember YOU but they will remember how you made THEM feel...
    Be well, be blessed and be safe.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts