Keeping it in perspective...


Hello Everyone! Happy Fall!

I was tossing a bunch of ideas around about what I wanted to write about this month. I swear the world has lost its mind with all the junk hatred spewing on the news. People protesting everything and athletes and actors feeling like their opinion is valuable to everyone.

Meanwhile I am thinking about all the families devastated by the recent hurricanes. At a time when we should be pulling together out of human decency; we are looking for divides. I think I personally have become a little hardened around the edges having gone through cancer and leukemia. The disease didn’t make me angry, if anything it was an eye opener. Keep things in perspective and appreciate every day for the gift it is. I have no patience for people that seem to look for things to complain about.

As the fall weather approaches I am very aware of how susceptible one can be to colds and the flu. Its not a big deal to most of the population but if you have a weakened immune system it can cause horrible consequences. Just trying to survive some days  is a challenge that most people don’t ever have to think about. I am not complaining, it is what it is. I am just much more aware of my surroundings. I think about all the people that go out in the public and they have a cold or the flu. It never occurs to them they could be jeopardizing someone else in ways they can’t imagine.

I had a check up the other day and the fire alarm went off!  We were all told to take the stairs and all I could  think of were the patients that were hooked up to an IV pole or were too weak to do the stairs. I realized how
lucky I was to not be in that position and I could do the steps. I was however; very aware that I was now  in a stairwell of walking germs.  Once you have gone through treatments you never look at situations the 
same I guess. 

In closing all I can say is stay as healthy as you can. Don’t let the media news stress you out because you know what truly matters in this life. LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH! Enjoy time with family and friends every chance
you get and just be nice especially to your caregivers.
Til next time,
Be well,
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts