The circle of life.

   Happy Fall everyone,
It has been a very busy month and I enjoyed every chaotic minute of it. Started off
with a Breast Cancer Awareness walk in Charleroi, PA. So many vendors donated time, food and gifts. I was thrilled to be able to help my niece Sarah with her wonderful Sparkle My Head Scarves table.  

   Next I attended the "Pink Kiss" Cancer Awareness Event in Beacon, New York where I was honored as a Survivor. What a fantastic event to raise money and awareness! So many vendors from the Beacon area really outdid themselves with volunteering time, services and gifts. The proceeds for this event went to the "Sparrows Nest" charity. This wonderful charity is a non profit that cooks and delivers homemade meals to families in the New York Hudson Valley area. They make and deliver the meals to patients and their families.  As a mother and survivor I know this is a HUGE blessing to the families. I was so fortunate to have friends bring meals to my home during my treatments. 

   I also attended the "Elixir Fund Gala" in Princeton, New Jersey. That fundraiser was devoted to raising awareness and funds for "The Elixir Registry." It is for Cancer patients to register their needs while going through treatments. It can be rides, meals, house cleaning, head scarves etc.  


   Finally, I finished the month with the opportunity to meet my bone marrow donor! 
She was visiting friends in Ohio so my husband drove me out there to meet her. She 
and her husband flew in from Germany!!! What a blessing it was to finally be able to give her a hug and “try” to begin to express my gratitude.  This was a full circle moment for me! She said she didn’t really do anything that felt like a big deal. She couldn’t quite grasp how grateful as a wife and mother I was for enabling me to “be here.”  I found out she is expecting her first child so I know that soon enough she will realize the depth of my gratitude.

   If you get a chance please check out these awesome events/charities….
"Pink Kiss" 2017 Cancer Awareness Event-  hosted by Lorraine Tyne Bridal & Sparkle My Head Scarves
Elixir Foundation -www.ElixirFund.org 
Sparkle My Head Scarves

Until next time….be well and remember you can change someone’s life with the smallest gesture.

Sally


Comments

Popular Posts