Better Path

  Since sleep seems to evade me constantly I think a lot at night. Lately I have been wondering about a lot of things. We often wonder why something happens whether it be good bad or in between. You can plan your life all you want, but it can take an unexpected turn at any given moment. Sometimes you end up on a better path than the one you chose.
    Years ago I was so disappointed with our local school district. I saw my son falling through the cracks of academics and losing his self esteem in the process. We put him in a different school and his grades went through the roof. He also met the girl he is going to marry this month.    
    Recently my other son and his wife were out to dinner and the waitress remembered him. Her son played soccer with him years ago. She casually mentioned she wished he could meet a “nice girl.” That young man is now marrying my daughter-in-law’s twin sister this winter!
    Years ago my son had Guillain -barre. I had to explain to a 9 year old why he was sick. He thought God was mad at him. I told him it was because he would get better and the Doctors would learn so much from him that they could then help other kids because it was a rare case for someone so young.
    When I got diagnosed I had to tell myself the same advice. Somewhere this was going to help someone. They are now expanding the clinical trial I went through, so I like to think my illness and clinical trial helped them to move that along. 
   We all have illness, death and heartaches. We also all have unexpected moments of pure happiness. Its all a balancing act. If we never had to deal with the hardships we would not appreciate the many blessings we tend to take for granted.
   Go ahead and make plans, but always remember to be ready to “bounce” when you need to.
    Have a wonderful fall and embrace each day.
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts