Panic attack?

   I guess there’s a first time for everything. I had to go to a lung Doctor because I didn’t do well on my breathing tests. Pulmonary Lung Function to be exact. I felt like I was back in school and I took the test twice and scored a bad grade both times!
   The reality is I may have graft vs host of the lungs. Seems we’ve gotten the stomach under control and now it may be somewhere else. It’s like peek a boo with my internal organs.
   I knew they would order a chest xray. I am tired of all the tests but this one is at least fast and uninvasive. As my husband and I walked down the hall I felt like I ran into a brick wall. I was flooded with memories of this hallway and I think I started to have a panic attack. Tears came from no where and my breathing changed. I had not been in this area of the hospital in years. I felt awful and had a tough time calming myself down. I knew going into a room for a chest X-ray gasping for breath wasn’t going to look good. I swear my husband is a saint and he took one look at me and knew what was happening. He is always my calm in the storm.  The people in the waiting room probably thought I had something really wrong with me because I couldn’t stop the tears.  I guess I bottled up so  much for so long that  like that Jack in the box-POP!  There it was and it caught me off guard. The actual xray took about 2 minutes. Now we wait and  move toward the next project which is cataract surgery. EXHALE….
  Til next time, Be well and don’t forget to breath!
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts